Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 13 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

Maybe more his ability with the ball at his feet, rather than "distribution" per se. Modern 'keepers seem to have to be sweepers as well as stoppers.
Just been chatting with my cousin at my uncle's funeral (RIP Uncle Geoff) and we literally just said this been able to pass it out accurately is more important.
Think he's been superb and if had choose between him or Griffiths it's no contest, Jensen every time

Last edited:
I wonder how "bad" Jensen's distribution is.

How many goals have we conceded due to kicking errors from the keeper?

We mix up whether we play out from the back or kick long, so his decision making is pretty good.

Also if you compare him to say Rushworth, who was not able to clear the half way line if there was a breeze against him.... at least with Jensen, if once a game then ball is 80 yards away in the stand you aren't immediately under pressure having to defend your goal.

His distribution is not a particular strength but I am not convinced it's a massive weakness either.

Your right Chimp distribution is not his strength and it is an aspect of his game that will affect his ambition because if you are a goalkeeper at our level you don't need to have wonderful skills on the ball but your distribution has to be a lot better than his is.

I have seen a very limited improvement in the second half of the season in his kicking compared to the first half where it seemed every other kick he put into touch.

It is pretty rare for a professional player not to be able to drive through a ball but he doesn't seem to have the technique to be able to do it or seems to be getting any better at it although I would be gobsmacked if he is not working on it on the training ground.

He tends to scooping the ball which means he is making contact right at the bottom of the ball and the turf with the inside of his foot around the area where the ball of the foot is this will send the ball very high and the ball will be back spinning but won't actually travel that far. To get distance, more recently I have noticed he is kicking the ball with his instep, making contact with the ball on the middle of it which will give you distance and a degree of accuracy with it.

What he can't do is drive through the ball with his laces, he just doesn't have the technique to do but is something that should of been picked up on when he was a youngster. It is a fairly difficult technique to be accurate all the time with but when you are doing it day in and day out it should almost become second nature.

I think he has been told to play long with the sidefoot kick because kicking through the ball with your laces and driving the ball forward has a high element of getting it wrong if that's not a technique you are not good at and can easily embarras you especially if your the last man.

Having said all that I rate him very highly, he is a very good goalkeeper. He's an excellent shotstopper and his handling has really improved this season but he does need to improve his kicking technique.

In the absence of predicting the attendance, guess the league position etc. how about predict the date we announce first new signing of the summer window?

Presuming this page is unreliable.

I’d be happy to have him back personally, there was clearly a player there at the beginning. I can’t imagine Kennedy’s style of football benefitted him.
I'm not making a judgement, merely an observation - he struggled in a poor Carlisle United side this season. Their fans were underwhelmed in the bits I read on their message board. He certainly was more effective during his loan spell with us.

I'm not making a judgement, merely an observation - he struggled in a poor Carlisle United side this season. Their fans were underwhelmed in the bits I read on their message board. He certainly was more effective during his loan spell with us.
To be fair I was surprised he went back to a League One side after so long out of football and no pre season or anything like that under his belt

To be fair I was surprised he went back to a League One side after so long out of football and no pre season or anything like that under his belt

Absolutely not. We can do much better. Good start for us then played like a headless chicken running up blind alleys for the rest of his playing time here. Not Skoobs’ type of player at all in my view.

Raggett released by Portsmouth as rumoured when he didn’t make the squad last week against us.

An option if we can’t get or afford Mitchell and Montsma doesn’t get fit?

He was first choice for Pompey most of last season.

Don't know of the reality of that Mansfield link, but Gillingham were very interested in him last summer and that's where he hails from so wouldn't be at all surprised if that's where he ends up.

I’d be happy to have him back personally, there was clearly a player there at the beginning. I can’t imagine Kennedy’s style of football benefitted him.

This page has seemingly re-activated today and is posting things left right and centre. It's also linking us with 37 year old Curtis Davies following his release from Cheltenham. It does suggest a coaching role with Davies which might not be a bad idea but not as a player

We can do better than this, thought we had moved on from the MK era, if he struggled at Carlisle maybe non League to get his form and confidence back up is his current level. Will not see him again at SB.

Last edited: